From Cape Town:
- The West Coast Fossil Park is situated 120km north of Cape Town, an easy one and a half hour's drive from Cape Town along the R27.
- Take the N1 out of Cape Town, after some 5 km, on your left, you will see the turn off onto the R27. Drive the R27 for roughly 110km until, on your left, you will see a large Engen 1 Stop Garage.
- Just past the garage take the first turning to your right, which is sign-posted Langebaanweg Airforce Base.
- Continue down the road for approximately 8km until the road meets a T-junction. Turn left onto the R45.
- Some 3km down the road on your left, you will see the entrance to the West Coast Fossil Park.
From West Coast National Park:
The Fossil Park is situated approximately half an hour’s drive north of the West Coast National Park, the entrance to which lies along the R27.
GPS coordinates: 32° 57' 19.4" South | 18° 6' 49.9" East